I Wish the Internet Really Was Down

It was down, and now it's late. Just not feeling motivated this week on the blog. Maybe it's all the cleaning, organizing and ironing I've been doing.

So here's yesterday's Wednesday Word, courtesy of Mary Tabb:

If you are a parent, you need to have a mission statement as a parent. You need to have a game plan when it comes to your kids. Are you just floating along? Do you have some ideas of what you want to accomplish with your kids, but you haven't really figured out how you're going to accomplish them? Do you know what you want for your kids and just think, "If I go to church each week with my kids, it'll happen"?

Having a game plan: First, you have to have a goal. Second, what is the plan? How do you acheive it?

Here is an example of Mary's Mission Statement as a Parent because "where there is no vision the people perish" (Proverbs 29:18 KJV). Man, I wish I could type it the way she speaks it!

Mission Statement:
to raise my children to know, love and serve Jesus Christ

Goal #1: Salvation-- Ephesians 2:8, 1 Timothy 2:5

Plan of Action: Teach it, use books and videos, Sunday School, plays, have scripture plaques in home

Goal #2: Knowing God-- Deuteronomy 6:6-9*(one of my personal favorites), 1 Timothy 1:5

Plan of Action: Teach them to hear His voice, read my Bible, let them see me and hear me, seek God in every decision and discuss it with children, have thankful attitude, have a specific quiet time

Goal #3: Character-- 1 Timothy 6:18, Luke 2:52

Plan of Action: Teach and discipline with conviction and toward developing and expecting the character traits of Jesus. (examples: servanthood, sacrifice, unselfishness, kindness, generousity, thankfulness, gentleness, humility)

I like her plan. I plan on (hee hee) developing my own mission statement with the Phillips Phamily Daddy by next Tuesday and sharing it with you.

I'll leave you tonight with this fun thought by Chuck Swindol: Training should involve teaching a child to think for themselves.

No comments: