Presents to Present

Over here, we've got to get creative to find presents for the grands.  I found a couple of blogs that gave instructions on how to make these sweet silhouettes of the girls.  While I was at it, I made a set for our house, too.  Those haven't gotten the finishing touches like, names and the date painted on the back yet or pretty ribbons tied up on top, but I'm happy with the way they turned out and the reactions from the grands.

AE's silhouette ornament

HJ's silhouette ornament

Back in the summer, we spent A LOT of time with our friends Brodie and Dylan.  Brodie had a pair of roller skates, so AE wanted a pair as well.  I told her, "That's something you can ask Santa to bring you for Christmas."  Never did I imagine that she would remember.  Periodically, she would bring them up and say, "Oh, Santa will bring those."

Well, it came true.  She asked and she received.  And oh, was she pleased!

AE's present from Santa

HJ didn't have a clue what she wanted, so I put a bug in Santa's ear about some Tadoodles.

HJ's present from Santa

We'll be back with more Christmas once we get the video stuff figured out.  Maybe tonight.  After my date.  Our date.  WHEEEEEEEEEE!

2 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Looks like ya'll had a great Christmas.
Have fun!
Hugs,
Amanda

susanv said...

I saw these too ... I will store this away for next year. Looking at their profiles, A really looks like you and H really looks like the Dadddy.