Mommy, Are You Jesus?

Over the weekend, AE talked a lot about Jesus. A LOT.

She even got to the point when she asked me whispering, "Mommy, are you Jesus?"

"No honey, I'm not, but I've got Him in my heart."

Another evening I read to her from her "First Bible" three stories which related the events of the Last Supper, Judas' betrayal and the Roman soldiers coming to take Jesus away.  In hindsight, it would have been better to end with Jesus' resurrection but...I'm not perfect; only Jesus is.

As AE got into bed, she sounded very sad when she said she couldn't have Jesus or God in her heart. I asked her,"Why not?"

"Because Jesus is dead. God is dead." 

"Oh no, honey! Don't you know what happens next?"

"What?"

"God brings Jesus back to life! Jesus is alive!"

"Really? REALLY, REALLY!"

And a smile ensued as big as I've ever seen on her sweet face.

No honey, I'm not Jesus, but I'll gladly introduce you.

1 comment:

The Harris' said...

Oh the tears! That was such a precious moment. Thank you for sharing.