In Summary

The Daddy's been out of town, and I've been running. 

Poppy (my dad) came to stay with us while The Daddy was in Las Vegas--on business--and helped this mother stay sane during the second time C. had to go out of town this month. Didn't I mention he was gone on Valentine's Day? Oh, right. Well, he made a special point to return in time to help celebrate my wrinkles and gray. And it meant the world to me.

Some girlfriends met me out for dinner on Saturday night at Maggiano's and then we went to Barnes and Noble to play a board game. Yes, I'm 33 now. Ha! But I am the oldest in the bunch...

Sunday after church we headed over to Nana and Papa's house for my birthday dinner celebration. The menu:
  • Chicken casserole
  • Carrots Au gratin (yum, if you've never had these!)
  • Garlic butter corn
  • Strawberry spinach salad
  • Sister Schubert rolls
  • Cheddar corn muffins
Dessert! A homemade hummingbird cake with homemade cream cheese icing. Nana got the recipe from The Flying Biscuit's cookbook. On her first try, she nailed it! YUMMMMMMMY!

What else?

Last weekend we went to the outlets with Nana and Papa to do some shopping for the girls, and I also got to add quite a few nice things to my wardrobe as an early birthday present. I got several sweet cards, a couple of books, some cash and something else, yet to be revealed. I can't wait! 

In case you were wondering, I took this to the couple who requested no cheese. I paired it with Strawberry Spinach Salad with homemade poppy seed vinaigrette, crescent rolls and chocolate chip cookies.

We're four weeks away from the 1/2 marathon, and I think I'm getting addicted to running. Today is a stretch and strengthen day, but I feel like some thing's missing. That's why I'm blogging. I may get back into a daily posting rhythm once all this training is over. High hopes for April! HJ will turn 2 and our marriage will turn 7!

So now to fill the void of running, I will proceed with the cleaning. Man, I'd rather run!

1 comment:

Todd and Randi said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm so impressed with your running. You're going to be so glad you did it. And I would like the carrot au gratin recipe if possible. I'm always looking for ways to sneak veggies to the kiddos. Come see us again soon...maybe an AU baseball game.