I have a problem. I like to spend money. I have no problem spending $3 here, $5 there and $10 back here again. I do hold back with major purchases, though. It hurts to spend a big chunk of money all at once. I cherish my Christmas money, birthday money, etc. I plan and plan and plan. Then I spend and spend and spend. $3 for this. $8 for that. $19.99 for these shoes. I mean, they were on SALE!

I really need to get my hair cut and ahem, colored, but I would rather just go get a pedicure. The latter is less than $20, and my hair upkeep can be pricey. And this economy...(anyone else sick of that phrase?)

I was thinking about my problem this morning as I discussed it with The Daddy.

Hours later and I'm still thinking about it.

Don't we do this with our sins? Most of us don't commit the "big ones," but it's easier to live with and hide the "little ones." You know, the ones dealing with our heart, our soul, our spirit. Do we pretend it's okay, 'cause I'm not out there killing anyone? Meanwhile, we're coveting other's things. We're hiding jealousy in our hearts. We're finding difficulty practicing patience. We're speaking before thinking. With harsh words and tones. 

And by "we" you know I mean me.

The "little" sins and the "little" bits of money are eating me up! I wanted to cry in the Wal-Mart the other day. My cart was full, but I felt empty.

Thankfully we have a God who does not count our sins as big or small. We have a God who sent His Son. We have a God who allowed His Son to pay for all of our sins. Once.

I don't really know how to end this but to send up praise for The Lord who can forgive and transform us.

Happy Good Friday!

Oh, and did I mention HJ that sweet girl pictured up there turns 2 this Easter Sunday?




1 comment:

Haynes Our Way said...

Excellent post and very true. It's the little things that eat you up inside. Happy Birthday HJ and Happy Easter to the Phillips Phamily!