Lazy DIY




Sweet little hand-me-down table

She has seen better days.

Not a pretty sight!

Thought about painting her but got lazy, so I cut some white burlap to fit her top.

I cut two layers to make it more opaque.

Then I cut coordinating ribbon

to go around the perimeter

of sad, little table. Doesn't have to be perfect!

I went all the way around 

and found my trusty friend:


Just a dab at each corner...

and put the glass back on top!

Someday she may get a new paint job, 

but for now she's got a new face!

That white burlap and ribbon came from the Hob Lob. I spied some orange burlap that looked perfect for a Halloween project, but I decided to wait. Kind of a gamble here in Atlanta. 

Love that lamp? Sears for $20! Clearance!

There's a sad white wall behind the couch, and I'm working on another project to go there. 

Maybe you saw a hint HERE? I'll be working on/finishing it this weekend! 

Don't forget to go back and see what all Kimba's friends are DIY'ing this week.

15 comments:

Janelle said...

Oooh, I love it! I LOVE HL too...spend a lot of time and $$ in that place. :)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So cute! And not lazy at all. My projects are staring at me in the face all day... as well as piles of clean laundry. Not THAT'S lazy...
And I love the shorten words. Hob Lob will be a new classic. It's right across the street from me. Which is seriously dangerous. Or Dange...

Tara G. said...

Cute!

Lindy said...

I call it the Hob Lob too. I try to only go every few weeks because I can get myself in trouble there!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Very cute ... that freshened up the table so much!

Delightful Dwelling said...

I love it, what a neat way to dress up the table.

jenni said...

Very cute; great idea!

Britt said...

This is great! I love that you were able to keep the wood finish but still give it a facelift. Very cute!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I love this! And with this concept, you can change it in the future for another look.

Lindy said...

Did you know CrazyDog won Fiona's collar contest two weeks ago? I was browsing the blog and saw that you won a free collar! Shannon didn't know how to contact you!!! http://luckyfionablog.blogspot.com/2009/08/this-weeks-friend-of-fiona-isthe-crazy.html

Congrats!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I never in a million years would have thought of that idea. What a great way to spruce up your table! I am in love with your lamp too!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Oh, I love that! so fashionable and easyy!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Totally cute! I love me some burlap for sure!

The Phillips Place said...

I love a quick makeover that makes a big difference! Caught a ride from Kimba's and had to leave a note, especially since we have the same great last name! :) Oh, AND because we are UT fans ourselves. My husband was born and raised, and you just can't take the Tennessee outta the boy!

Unknown said...

That is not lazy ... that is brilliant. What a great way to dress her up quickly. I love burlap for many reasons. This is one that I had not thought of. Well done!!