Grilled Cheese 2

My mother-in-law sends me a subscription to Southern Living magazine every year, and every couple of months, I cut out recipes, entertaining ideas, and decorating styles so I can get rid of the stack. Well, they've stacked up and up and up, but every once in a while, I get inspired to try a few new things. This summer I've tried a few:
  1. Watermelon and Tomato Salad- good-the husband ate it twice.
  2. Swiss Cheese Club Quesadillas- good- I'd eat it again.
  3. Pesto-Crusted Grilled Cheese- Yum. Yum. Yummy.
  4. Lemon-Dill Tilapia- good-we've eaten healthy twice now!

My house still smells of the deliciousness. You mix ready-made pesto with mayo and use that instead of butter on the bread. We used a slice of sharp cheddar and a slice of provolone for the yummy insides although the recipe said "fontina." Sounded fancy. I cut up roasted red peppers and sandwiched them in my fare, while the Phillips Phamily Daddy ate his with just the cheesey-goodness. I would try them with olives inside and maybe mushrooms, too. Fresh Mozzarella. That's an idea. Yum. Yum. Yummy.

No comments: