Now when it was evening, after the sun had set, they brought to Him all who were sick and those under the power of demons, until the whole town was gathered together about the door.
And He cured many who were afflicted with various diseases; and He drove out many demons, but would not allow the demons to talk because they knew Him.
And in the morning, long before daylight, He got up and went out to a deserted place, and there He prayed.
- Getting away from the demands of your schedule.
- Getting away from our own expectations and the expectations of others (less do, do, do and more be, be, be)
- Discovering our OWN thoughts
- Filtering out the non-essentials
- Finding our OWN PACE
- Taking time to rest and regroup
- Using the opportunity to call or recall OUR calling in life, our vision, our mission
- Reestablishing what I think/believe is important
- Gaining perspective on what my family's needs are
- Prioritizing what I think/believe is important
- Being more attentive to God