What's Goin' On?

Last week I asked our contractor to give me an idea of when our little renovation project would be done. We got behind because of the french doors not fitting and windows that failed to come in on time. I "didn't want to put any pressure on him," but asked very nicely if my house guests in late June would be able to use our "guest suite" as opposed to a "couch/air mattress suite."

Uh. Emily? Clay? Y'all will enjoy your cruise even more now because it's sofa city, sweethearts while you're here!

Anyhoooooo.

The contractor did give me a new outline of events, and our new projected date-of-completion is July 14th. This week the insulation has been installed, inspected and covered up with DRYWALL. I can hear men mudding the seams as we speak, um, as I type.

Here's a glimpse of some progress, just the half-bath progress.

Before:
See where the grill is?

New door, anyone?

Big hole in house, sad little toilet

Whoa. New door installed. Toilet and sink are safe in the shed awaiting re-installation. The plumbing was re-routed to move sink from left to right side of the picture, hence the huge chasm.

The chasm. I can not stand the construction mess. I want to tidy up.

New drywall up! Chasm still gaping.

See this sweet frameless mirror? It will hang above the pedestal sink. On another decorating note, the lamp is in the kitchen and the plates are still in boxes. I love switching things around to make them feel new!

Do me a favor? Scroll back up and look at the UGLY light fixture thing in the second picture.

I'll wait.

Isn't it hideous? Isn't it track lighting? (Makes me think of that quote from Steel Magnolias about track lighting and Ouiser's nephew Steve!)

So we will put it to rest at a garage sale and replace it with this beauty, but in polished nickel:



Love it? Yes, I do.

I'll show y'all some more renovation updates soon. We are seeing progress!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know this can be exciting and stressful at the same time, but I can't wait to see it when it's all said and done! I think that mirror will look SO great over the sink!! Great taste!!

Audra said...

Wow, things are really looking great. I can't wait to see the pictures you post of the progress.
I also love to rearrange items from one room to the next.
As to the comment you left me about a paint gun-mine came from Home Depot for $19.99! I LOVE the clean coat of paint it provides!

Emily said...

Yay! We can't wait to see everything. We have some news for you, too :)