Mother, I Have to go POTTY!

You may know (or not) that I am NOT Phillips Phamily Mama at home. I am MOTHER. A.E. has pretty much transformed me into a 50's housewife. I only have Disney to blame: Peter Pan and Bambi, to be exact. Every once in a while, it's Mommy, but more and more, I'm MOTHER. She does sound proper, even if it's in the context of, "Mother, maybe one more Little Bear/I just tooted/I want more!"

H.J., on the other end of the spectrum, is all about "MOMMY!" In her world, Mommy has a couple of different meanings:

1. "Mommy"- Hey, I need your attention.
2. "MoMEEEEEE!"- Oh, I haven't seen you in a while.
3. "MoMEEEEEE! MoMEEEEEE! MoMEEEEEE! MoMEEEEEE!"- I want something.
This option can be directed to anyone and is not limited to me.

On the potty subject, A.E. is becoming increasingly aware of her bodily functions. She has gone three times today IN THE POTTY. No ACCIDENTS, yet...

(UPDATE: Six pee-pees in the potty, one accident during naptime, and zero poopies.)

Last week, I may have mentioned (or not) that there is nothing worse than a tantrum in a bathtub full of water. Yesterday, I found out what IS worse.

A tantrum whilst peeing on the potty. Five minutes before departure for church. Yuck and even more yuck on how I reacted.

Do you ever get sick and tired of dealing with the same sin in your life like I do? I get so frustrated with myself for continuing to make THE SAME MISTAKES over and over. I pray through the situation. I am patient through the situation. Okay, I'm making a change and then, ONE MORE LITTLE THING sets me back to the sinful self. Yuck.

So this afternoon, I wanted a little more insight into my sin "problem" or "relapse" if you will. I found several scriptures from Romans that helped me feel better about myself.

I won't be perfect; however, I am dead to sin.

"By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" (Romans 6:2)

I am born into a sinful nature; man is sinful, but Christ is my remedy.

"Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it." (Romans 7:20)

As long as I call on my own will to keep from sinning, I will not succeed. But if I call on God's will, His grace will be present and increase.

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more." (Romans 5:20)

The easy answer always seems to be, "Grow closer to God and your path will be straight." Why isn't it easy? Why is it so hard? Because we so often rely on ourselves and even trick ourselves into thinking, "I've given that to God" when in reality, we are still clinging to that which grips us. My sin keeps getting in the way of my growing closer to Him.

Every once in a while, though, I am in the midst of dealing with a challenging situation and I can take a step back and just laugh. Sometimes I have to laugh with my hands over my mouth like tonight when A.E. threw a tantrum because I ate a piece of food off of her plate. She was under the table. Kicking legs. Slobber everywhere. Yes, I have a child who slobbers in a tantrum-like state. She kept on saying, "Just spit it out!"

"I'm sorry honey, I swallowed it already."

"BUT it was my perfect food!"

Crazy to hear from the child who won't eat. She would rather sit on the potty now than eat. Thankfully, we moved on. Unfortunately, the crazy dog jumped up on the table and ate the rest of the food on her plate. NO JOKE. I thought he might suffer A.E.'s wrath and she might cry, kick and slobber on him, but crisis averted.

Thank you to the Popcorn Ball from our party favor bag. Yesterday, we went to a birthday for sweet Shepherd who accompanied us to the Farmer's Market last week. Fun was had by all and the Popcorn Ball saved the day until...

The crazy dog ate it, too.

That poor sinner...

No comments: