I Can Feel It Coming...

Christmas is almost here, and we're all feeling it. Unfortunately, we've also been feeling a tickle in our throats around here. The Mama and the Daddy both have been fighting HARD to stay well since last Wednesday. Mucinex is our friend. We want to stay well for our upcoming BUSY week!

My dad stayed after Thanksgiving until Saturday, which gave us plenty of time for us to hang out and for him to get his fill of the girls. He had not seen H.J. walking yet and was impressed at her speed and prowess! With the weather turning wet and colder here, I'm dreaming of a trip to Florida to visit Poppy. Hmmmmmm. That will have to wait until after...

the Daddy and I go to New York for a few days!

The Daddy has a dinner for work, so I get to tag along and see New York in all her Christmas time glory. I've also arranged to meet up with my best friend from high school, who is absolutely fabulous and lives there as a fashion stylist! I can't wait to see her and catch up with her because we lost touch with each other during/after college. Probably because she was busy being fabulous and I was busy ____________???? Fill in the blank with:
  • a) teaching high school students
  • b) having babies
  • c) changing diapers
  • d) NOT buying all the latest fashions and dressing famous people for a living!

Answer ANY of the above and you would be correct!

When we return we are jumping into the holiday season with both feet. Over the next week or so we will be:

  • riding the PINK PIG (an Atlanta tradition)
  • meeting Santa at Phipps Plaza
  • playing "Dirty Santa" at our Sunday School Christmas Social
  • crying at our Women's Church Christmas Brunch (the speaker makes me cry every time!)
  • coveting houses on the Marietta Pilgrimage Tour of Homes
  • working the nursery
  • ushering the 9:50 service
  • meeting with our small group
  • partying at the 3rd Annual Jesus is the Reason for the Season
  • swapping toys with some girl friends

Is that ALL? Have you already found yourself getting this busy? I didn't realize it until I thought, "I should probably write all these dates down on my calendar." Thankfully nothing overlapped, but I still need to start shopping. We've picked up a few things online and while we've been out, but there is a good bit of work to be done. At least we have a list!

So, now for the most important question: what should we do while we are in NYC?

2 comments:

Haynes Our Way said...

Fun! I'm so excited for you. I heard broadway shows are slashing prices to sell more tickets, so you guys maybe be able to see a great show. And I definitely think you should try to go ice skating in the park. Take good pictures and pack warm!

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.