Because I Want to Hear You Laugh

The Phriday Photo Edition:


THIS is me. I am pregnant with AE. She made her debut 7 days after this event. 

I went to work dressed like this. 

I am dressed like Britney Spears. She had her first baby a couple days before this picture was taken. 

It's not my hair. It's a wig. 

I gained 60 or so pounds. 

I went to work looking like this. 

I used to teach high school. Can you imagine being a 16-year-old walking into your classroom and seeing your English teacher dressed like this?

My friends on Facebook have seen this, but after embarrassing my husband last week, I felt he needed a little vindication amongst the other 5 of you who read this blog. So, here you go. 

This might be a SHAMELESS attempt at getting you to comment, but evidently I know nothing about SHAME! Let's hear it!

AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE SIDEBAR. I know it's not as thrilling as who makes the bed or what fabric should I choose, but...

9 comments:

Natalie Meester said...

oh my! You look hilarious my dear!

I know how you felt gaining 60 pounds, I gained 55 and felt huge!

Ann said...

LOL!

I also gained 60 pounds and I am only 4'11- not pretty!

Kacie said...

What a fantastic outfit. I would be proud if I were a kid and you were my teacher and came dressed like Brittney in her bad stage. hah. :)

Yeah - all the Christ metaphors catch my eye, partly because I took a class called "The Image of Christ in the Novel" in college, and I loved it. It's easy to see those metaphors, but sometimes I get carried away and see more than was intended.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Too funny!

Rebecca said...

I remember this day! You were so funny. Great outfit--love the tee shirt!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

OK- I do need to get to your blog more often. I love it! I think I first saw it through Becky's maybe??
1) Love the outfit. Hilarious!
2) I have seen Becky's tray and now yours and it's BEAUTIFUL!! I'm totally copying.
3) I didn't see your link about the half marathon and am in need of inspriration, so please send me the link. My email is hdunham@knology.net or the one that pops up when you get this comment (*ahem* you really should enable that feature so I could e-mail you back)
4) We have totally used the door covers for about a year. I have them on my 3 1/2 year old's doors and on all the outside doors. They are wonderful. I highly recommend.
OK. This is way too long for a comment. We'll have to talk more soon!
xoxo

Lisa said...

I don't believe that you gained sixty pounds. You had such a cute belly and you still had ankles!

I'm way too serious (always have been) and would have totally discredited a teacher who came to class like that...sorry!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! =)

Tara G. said...

I gained that much each time I was pregnant. Finally the third time I sat down with the army nurse for my briefing (I wish they'd use a different term- I am a civilian!), I told her that she needed to write in my file "Do NOT get on her about her weight."

I taught middle school- they probably would've come dressed the same the following day!