Whatever you do, do NOT tell your children that they can wear their new bathing suits to the pool right after nap time!
As I said it, as the words were coming out of my mouth, in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n like in the movies, I knew immediately I had made a mistake!
Yesterday there was no napping. Except the pretend snooze on the stairs here.
The baby pool is our friend. Both girls are pretty content to hang there for an hour or so. I've found it easier to bring an easy cotton dress to change each girl into after pool time. Otherwise, you've got a big mess to contend with when you walk in the door. Changing at the pool means that they can go into the playroom and entertain themselves while I clean up the big mess of wetness and fix dinner.
Oh, did I mention my favorite time to go to the pool is after nap time?
- Time is limited. You don't have to spend ALL day there.
- Use of sunscreen is optional. If we don't get there until 4:30, I don't lather them up. Yesterday we got there at 3:30, so I did.
- Not as many kids there. (Pluses and minuses to this one.)
- Other kids leave their toys behind that we can play with.
- They are too worn out at dinner to argue about what we're eating.